The lovely Veronique Breuning of Lollique Beauté puts a lot of care into her formulas. Thankfully she tells us all about pumpkin seed oil here.
What are the skin-loving benefits of PUMPKIN SEED OIL?
Pumpkin seed oil (Cucurbita Pepo)—Organic Pumpkin seed oil is rich in essential fatty acids Omega-3 and Omega-6, vitamins A, B, C, E and minerals, particularly Zinc. This oil will help balance sebum production, which is useful for oily, acneic, mature and dry skin types. Pumpkin seed oil prevents wrinkle formation, is very regenerating and leaves a silky feeling on the skin.
Pumpkin Seed oil is a superhero ingredient in skin care making it a star in Lollique all-natural skin care formulas!
Here are some of the skin-loving benefits from this oil:
- Increases firmness—Pumpkin seeds are particularly high in zinc and vitamin C which help maintain collagen levels to prevent premature skin aging and sagging.
- Fights acne—Zinc also helps to reduce the occurrence of acne, helping skin to look healthy and clear. It has also shown to help with acne scarring as well.
- Fights free radical damage—A rich source of vitamin E (Tocopherols), is a potent antioxidant and helps protect skin from the free radical damage, thus delaying the visual effects of aging.
- Deep moisturizing properties—The essential fatty acids found in pumpkin seed oil sink deeply into skin to provide long-lasting hydration without greasiness. The fast and deep absorption of these acids also help regulate skin oils, moisturizing dry skin and controlling oily skin. Great for acne skin!
- Encourages cell turnover—Pumpkin seeds have natural alpha hydroxy acids that exfoliate and help encourage cell turnover for a youthful, glowing look.
- Soothes irritation & redness—A natural anti-inflammatory helps to fade redness and calms other sensitive skin reactions, including acne, eczema and rashes.
What results can you expect to see?
It is important to note that as with any skin care product, continued and regular use must be maintained to see ultimate results.
- Loaded with Vitamin E – Reduces signs of aging by maintaining collagen levels naturally for more elasticity and will help to stimulate new skin cell growth to repair existing skin damage. Vitamin E will also helps to even skin tone and minimize the appearance of existing scarring and skin damage.
- The essential fatty acids in pumpkin seeds help control the production of the skin oils while maintaining moisture levels. Brightens and smoothes skin for a more youthful appearance. Diminishes fine lines and wrinkles. Also wonderful for under eye puffiness and dark circles.
- The selenium contained in Pumpkin seed oil will provide some natural UV protection to prevent further skin damage. Note: Because we have not tested the UV protection of this oil, we highly recommend always wearing a Broad Spectrum UV Protection Cream of at least SPF 40.
What customers are saying about it…
Lollique clients, who regularly use our skin care line, including the products containing Pumpkin Seed Oil, are amazed with how their skin looks and feels! Some of the comments we receive are that they definitely see a reduction in fine lines, skin texture and hydration. Also, that their skin does not break out in rashes or irritations (especially sensitive skin clients). We love to help our clients get into a good daily skin care routine so that with continued and consistent use, their skin will naturally glow! This is what Lollique skin care is all about – clean, pure & basic skin care using natural, plant-based ingredients packed full of healing, nourishing and beneficial ingredients found in nature, from the earth.
Bonus question: Name one product that you can’t live without. (Just for fun, cuz we all want to know!)
I will admit that it is seldom when I use any other skin care product other then Lollique… BUT I will tell you that I am currently in love with Kenza International Beauty’s 100% pure and natural Moroccan Argan and Prickly Pear oils. I am using them in conjunction with Lollique and absolutely love them for their pureness and simplicity. They leave my skin radiant and glowing and are so versatile! The fact that they are ISO Certified and USDA Organic makes them cream of the crop in my book, which is why, starting in 2014, we will be incorporating KENZA Argan Oil in our formulations (and look for other Lollique/Kenza collaborations as well!) Stay tuned ladies and gents…..
My Edible Facial Review
Through a few interactions over cyberspace with Veronique Breuning, I found that she cares deeply about both her products and her clients. She has been exceedingly generous with me and I’m very grateful to her for slipping in extra products to try with my orders.
One of the main ingredients in many Lollique products is actually honey—a perennial favorite of mine. The Masque de Miel, made with raw manuka honey, royal jelly, propolis, and herbs is a standout in the line, along with the Polissant (face polish) with ground oatmeal, goat’s milk, honey and royal jelly. If you’re into traditional face cleansing, this may not be for you. But the combination of honey with the polishing powder feels mighty good on the skin. I haven’t tried taking off makeup with it, since I prefer an oil massage step to do that first, but as a cleanse with some sloughing off of dead skin, I’m quite pleased with the results. Plus I love those ingredients!
Royal jelly and propolis are the bee’s knees (don’t ask where they come from because it doesn’t sound so pretty)! These are powerful infection-fighters that have highly healing and regenerating properties. (Study abstract linked here. And helpful post by Sugarpuffish here.) Meanwhile, the goat’s milk offers lactic acid that helps exfoliate skin naturally.
I’ve just started using the Huile Renouvelle. The ingredients are impressive, in particular the all-stars: carrot, broccoli seed, and pumpkin seed oils. I’m really intrigued by the increasing appearance of broccoli seed oil in products. It works a bit like silicon in hair products to give luster to your locks and also leaves no greasiness as it increases penetration of ingredients. Lollique provides great info about their choice ingredients here, that’s well worth the read.
Have you used any of Lollique Beauté’s products? I’d love to hear your feedback or links to reviews in the comments.
You can find, follow, like, favorite, smile at, and connect with Lollique Beauté here: